Constructing a Fence or Retaining Wall

All erection/construction of a fence or retaining wall must be done after approval from the HCC Physical Planning Division.

Application Process

An application Form- Is to be collected from the physical planning and building office.

  • When Application received – inspection of the site is to be carried out by the physical planner and a report is prepared.
  • If Physical planner gives approval, the fee has to be paid by the developer before the approval letter is issued to the developer.
  • If people do not comply and proceed without any approval, a penalty fee would be imposed on the development and considered as an illegal development.

Documents needed to be submitted with the application:

  • A copy of the FTE Title–to prove you are the legal FTE title holder.
  • Fence or Returning wall– Detail plan of the retaining wall/fence.
  • Location or site plan-shows the location or the site where the construction work will be.
  • Large scale retaining wall construction work requires an engineer’s report.

For more information, contact the Physical Planning Division at 27006/23014 or 21133/21134 extension 212.

Honiara City

"My City, Your City, Our City".

Get Involved Standing Up For Honiara

Support the My Honiara Campaign by joining Team Honiara !!!!

Give feedback or request or request information on council services and activities.
Events Calendar
Find out about whats happening in the Council and the Community.
Working with the Council
Job Vacancies. Tenders and Expression of Interest.