The Honiara Youth Council is voluntary Urban Youth-led governing body representing the voice of young people of Honiara City. Its Vision is to encourage young peoples’ participation in the development of the Honiara City.
- To promote physical, mental, spiritual and social well- being of young males and females in the communities, Wards and the Province
- To promote an avenue for the dissemination of information on youth issues, programs and activities.
- To ensure youth affairs are recognized such as that relevant resources needed to support youth programs and activities are secured
- To administer and co-ordinate youth programs in the province through the wards and communities
- To monitor the youth image within the communities, wards and provincial level
- To create better working relationships with development partners, voluntary organizations and community youth group and volunteers
- To established Ward Youth Committees and Community Youth Associations/Groups/Clubs.
- To represent the voice of young people at the provincial and national levels.
The Honiara Youth Council was established in 2011 alongside the Launching of Honiara Urban Youth Policy 2011-2015.
- Youth Advocacy
- Youth Trainings/Workshops
- Establishment/registration of Community Youth Group, Association
- Coordination youth activities and programs in the Wards in partnership with Honiara City Council – Youth Division
To hear more about Honiara Youth Council, join or get in touch, contact the President Harry James Olikwailafa at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Or call the Youth Division number at 22496.
Postal Address – C/- Youth, Sports & Women Division, Honiara Youth Council, PO Box 324, Honiara, Solomon Islands