There is no vaccine to protect against dengue, but you can prevent it in your own home and community.
Steps you can take to prevent and control dengue:
- Preventing mosquitoes from breeding by covering, emptying and cleaning water storage containers on a weekly basis and other areas of stagnant water.
- Disposing of solid waste properly and removing artificial man-made habitats.
- Allowing officers to come and spray your home to kill mosquitoes.
- Installing window screens.
- Wearing repellent and burning mosquito coils when outside.
- Wearing long sleeved clothes.
- Sleeping under a bed net.
For more information, contact the HCC Vector Borne Disease Control Programme Office at 28295 or at the Health Division office; or contact the National Vector Borne Programme at 30655.