How to get a land title in Honiara


The Honiara City Council does not allocate or issue land titles.

All land allocation has been done by the Commissioner of Lands and is subsequently done by the newly created Land Board. This is part of the amendment to the Land and Titles Act that comes into effect on 1st December 2014.

What are the different land titles in Honiara?

  • Temporary Occupancy Land (TOL)
  • Fixed Term Estate (FTE) which is offered for 50 years
  • Perpetual Estate (PE) Title which currently can be bought from the Commissioner of Lands but after 1st December 2014, the Land Board will take the responsibility.

People residing in squatter settlements (illegal developments without a land title) have no land title and are not to be classified with a land title to reside there.

For further information, please contact the Ministry of Lands Housing and Survey or the Office of the Commissioner of Lands at 21521.

Honiara City

"My City, Your City, Our City".

Get Involved Standing Up For Honiara

Support the My Honiara Campaign by joining Team Honiara !!!!

Give feedback or request or request information on council services and activities.
Events Calendar
Find out about whats happening in the Council and the Community.
Working with the Council
Job Vacancies. Tenders and Expression of Interest.