Honiara City Council offers TVET or Technical Vocation Education Training to train you to become self reliant
Students who are enrolled in TVET will learn Key Life Skills Subjects such as:
- Home Economics (Life Skills)
- Business Studies
- Motor mechanic
The Council has two TVET Schools, one at Tuvaruhu in Mataniko Ward 7 and the second is GSF in East Honiara.
We also have two Community Learning Centres (CLC): Leo Electronics at Vura 1 Heights and Rosmat Typing Schools in Point Cruz.
|Registration||Transfer in||Parents Contribution||Development|
- Registration Fee – A $100.00 registration fee is charged per child per year at the beginning of each school calendar in January.
- Transfer Fee – This is a fee charged to a student who transferred from another Education Authority to any HCC Education Authority Schools.
- Parents Contribution – This is fee is Tuition only charged to Senior Secondary Students who are not under the fee free basic education policy. The name changed from School Fees (Tuition) to Parent Contribution.
- Development Fee – This fee is charged to every student. It is to help meet the cost of any development in the school for your child’s education, such as a new classroom, ablution block, library building, staff houses, etc.
For more information, contact the City Council and ask for the Education Division at 21133/21134.