The Honiara Youth Learning Hub (HYLH) is a youth friendly space where young people can learn, get informed and be there to have fun. Meeting new people, trying new things and to up-skill yourself is what the Youth Hub is all about.
The Youth Hub is upstairs on the East Wing of the Multi-Purpose Gym, next to Lawson Tama.
All Services provided in the Youth Hub are membership based, with charge fees. To register as a member, come down to the Multi-purpose Hall, Lawson Tama Area or Contact the Youth Division on phone: 22496.
Services of the Honiara Youth Hub
- Polish! (Job Ready Skills Trainings)
- Getting Involved! (Personal and Leadership Development Program)
Creative skill sessions
- Guitar Classes (basics)
- Art & Craft Classes (basics)
- Dancing & Zumba Classes
Small group meetings
- Girls Forum (fortnightly facilitated by G4C, Solomon Islands )
- Student Study Groups (every Wednesday)
- Basic computer training-Basic, Intermediate, Advance
- Online research
- Typing and editing of assignments
- Daily Solomon Star Issues/ Leisure reading corner /study space
- Reading and literature materials for research purposes
- Reports + research papers on youth issues (Honiara, national, regional & international)
- Mini gallery and Art & Craft Corner
- Food Mix! (Basic Cooking Classes, Food preparations / presentations, food & hygiene courses).