ALL services are FREE, but you must have a Mothers Book $10 and Antenatal Card $5.
Services for pregnant mothers
- Registration of first visit pregnant mothers
- Abdominal examination and Palpation of pregnant mother.
- Routine free blood test
- Malaria test
- Haemoglobin test
- Syphilis test
- HIV test –Voluntarily from pregnant mother
- Prophylaxis Treatment – Treatment given to prevent illness such as malaria, anaemia from pregnant mother during their pregnancy period.
- Basic counselling relating to any maternal issues
- Check-up done to mothers six weeks after delivery
- Breastfeeding assessment – Baby proper attachment to breast
- Family Planning counselling
- Provide family planning contraceptive method to mothers who wish to space their pregnancy.
You can access all services from any of the General Health Clinics within Honiara city during their respective program days.
Maternal Health Weekly Program
OPD - General Outpatient
ANC - Antenatal Clinic
FP - Family Planning
PNC - Postnatal Clinic
For more information contact Reproductive Health program officer at 22638.