Land Excavation and Landfilling

All land excavation and land-filling must be done with consent from the HCC Physical Planning Division.

Process to conduct excavation or land filling

An application must be sent to the Physical Planning Division with the following documents:

  • An application form – Is to be collected from the reception desk at Planning and Building office.
  • A copy of the Land Title– Applicant to provided Fixed Term Estate (FTE) title to prove legal ownership of the area to be affected.
  • An excavation plan (or land filling plan) – Shows how you will do the digging, cut or filling of the site area.
  • Location Map or (Topo cadastral map)- The map shows the contours or heights or the ridge or ground level of the site.
  • Large scale excavation and land filling – All large scale excavation work requires an engineer’s report.

There is a fee charged for excavation work depending on the cost of the excavation work. When the applicant has paid the excavation fee, permission would be issued for excavation work to proceed.

If the applicant does not comply with the requirements, no excavation work will be permitted.

For more information, contact the Physical Planning Division at 27006/23014 or 21133/21134

Honiara City

"My City, Your City, Our City".

Get Involved Standing Up For Honiara

Support the My Honiara Campaign by joining Team Honiara !!!!

Give feedback or request or request information on council services and activities.
Events Calendar
Find out about whats happening in the Council and the Community.
Working with the Council
Job Vacancies. Tenders and Expression of Interest.