Early Childhood Education provides early education for children 3-5 years of age to give them the best start in life.
Over the years most parents in Honiara have showed strong support to Early Childhood Education by registering their eligible children to any of our ECE Centres near them.
Most ECE centers have trained teachers who graduated from either Certificate or Diploma in ECE from previously known as Solomon Islands College of Higher Education (SICHE), now Solomon National University (SINU).
There are also partly trained teachers who undertook short courses on ECE either at University of the South Pacific (USP) Solomon Islands Campus or a Field Based Training Certificate (FBT) coordinated and run the Early Childhood Division in the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (MEHRD) in close collaboration with HCC Education Authority ECE Coordinator.
ECE schooling Hours are from 8 am – 12 am Mondays to Fridays. The ECE academic year and calendar is similar to Primary and Secondary sectors which Four (4) Terms in a year.
The starting date of each academic year is usually Monday third week of January each year and ends Friday first week of December. The dates vary each year.
Our Early Childhood Education Centres
In EAST, CENTRAL and WEST Honiara
- Lau Valley
- Fishing Village (Mbua Valley Extension)
- Mt. Horeb
- SINU Demonstration (Panatina Extension)
- Faith Christian Academy (Vura Extension)
- GS Faisi (Lau Valley Extension)
- Malkamus (Koloale Extension)
- HCC Model (Mbokonavera Extension)
- Mbua Valley
- HIPS (Honiara Integrated)
- ABC (Tavaruhu Extension)
- St John
- YWCA (St John Extension)
- White River
- Meets (Mbokona Extension)
|Registration||Transfer in / child||Parent Contribution||Development|
|Early Childhood Education||$100||$50||$800||$500|
- Registration Fee – A $100.00 registration fee is charged per child per year at the beginning of each school calendar in January.
- Transfer Fee – This is a fee charged to a student who transferred from another Education Authority to any HCC Education Authority Schools.
- Parents Contribution – This is fee is Tuition only charged to Senior Secondary Students who are not under the fee free basic education policy. The name changed from School Fees (Tuition) to Parent Contribution.
- Development Fee – This fee is charged to every student. It is to help meet the cost of any development in the school for your child’s education, such as a new classroom, ablution block, library building, staff houses, etc.
For more information, contact the City Council and ask for the Education Division at 21133/21134.