We have free testing and services for people who people who want to know if they have HIV or a STI (sexually transmitted infection).
All services are FREE, but you must have a medical record book which costs $15.00
- HIV Pre & Post counselling – Can be done to pregnant mothers and walk in clients.
- HIV Test – Test can be offered to anybody wish to know his or her status.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection screening and Treatment– Anybody who wishes to do routine STI check-ups and those who has any signs and symptoms such as:
- Vaginal and Penile discharge – Nana kamaot long privat pat blo man anmeri.
- Dysuria – Mimi hem soa/pain
- Lower abdominal pain –Botombelesoa
- Itchiness –Privat pat hem scras
Where to go?
You can access STI screening and treatment at any of the HCC general health clinics within Honiara city council during outpatient times if you have any of the above signs and symptoms.
General Clinics Outpatient times
|Time||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thr||Fri||Sat & Sun|
|8 – 12pm||OPD||OPD||OPD||OPD||OPD||Close|
|1 – 4:30pm||OPD||Review Referral cases||Follow up new patient – NRH||Home visit||Review cases||Close|
Weekly HIV Time Table
Target Group: Pregnant mothers and anyone who wish to know their HIV status.
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday– VCCT integrated in general outpatient times|
|Thursdays VCCT post-test counselling||Monday & Tuesday VCCT integrate in outpatient times|
|White River||Thursdays PPTCT
|Fridays VCCT/PPTCT Post-test counselling||Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday – VCCT integrated in outpatient times|
- VCCT – Voluntary Confidential, Counselling and Testing – (HIV test done to walk in clients who wish to undergo the test)
- PPTCT: Preventing Parent To Child Transmission – (HIV test done to pregnant women + spouse)
For more information contact STI/HIV program officer at 22321.