How to subdivide property

Process to subdivide a property

You have to write to the Commissioner of Lands (COL) notifying your intention to sub-divide your property.

The Commissioner will then refer your application to the Honiara City Council Physical Planning Division.

A site inspection will be carried out by the Physical Planner to assess the suitability of the proposed subdivision. A report will be prepared together with the application and submit to the Honiara Town and Country Planning Board (HTCPB) for approval.

Once it is approve, the Physical planner will inform Commissioner of Lands for consent.

Thereafter, the process for the subdivision will be made by the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Survey. The applicant is to check and follow up with the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Survey.

For more information, contact the Physical Planning Division at 27006/23014 or 21133/21134 extension 212. Or contact the Ministry of Lands Housing and Survey at 21521.

Honiara City

"My City, Your City, Our City".

Get Involved Standing Up For Honiara

Support the My Honiara Campaign by joining Team Honiara !!!!

Give feedback or request or request information on council services and activities.
Events Calendar
Find out about whats happening in the Council and the Community.
Working with the Council
Job Vacancies. Tenders and Expression of Interest.